Archival Assistant, May – September 2013
The National Guard Militia Museum of New Jersey, Sea Girt, NJ
- Assisted in the inventorying and processing of more than 200 boxes of documents, photographs, and materials damaged by Hurricane Sandy.
- Supervised team of interns and paraprofessionals by instructing them on inventorying and digitization process, assigning duties, and overseeing work progress.
- Organized and set-up archival area within the museum for more efficient storage and ease of use.
- Created digital finding aid and launched digitization of archival collection.
Reference and Youth Services Librarian, 2008 – 2013
Miami-Dade Public Library System, Miami, FL
- Provided print and online reference services to adults, teens, and children at the main headquarters and regional library branch for a system serving over 2 million residents.
- Instructed patrons on the usage of computers and eBooks, as well as internet applications and online resources via classes and one-on-one instruction.
- Developed content for eBooks webpage and system-wide staff training presentation under guidance of head Fine Arts librarian.
- Acted as Youth Services librarian at regional branch level, with a focus on teen-oriented programming and collection development.
- Served on several action committees, including as lead for teen spoken word programs and as co-creator of Aquabrowser software staff training series.
Online Magazine Editor, 2007 – 2008
Elements for Women, Miami Beach, FL
- Edited and managed content for bi-monthly online women’s health and wellness magazine of over 500 subscribers.
- Utilized health resources and market research to assist in the creation and editing of 70+ page manual for coaches and consumers for an e-diet/nutrition program.
- Developed content and acted as copy director for company website and blog at elementsforwomen.com and elementsliving.tv.
Corporate Communications Manager, 2006 – 2007
MenScience Androceuticals Skincare & Grooming, Miami, FL
- Created and launched full marketing campaigns that included print and online components for an award-winning men’s skincare product line.
- Acted as primary communications liaison to over 80+ media contacts in the print, online, and visual media industries.
- Developed and managed web content for company’s primary website by using extensive SEO techniques and Internet search tools.
- Researched industry and medical resources to generate press releases, direct mail pieces, monthly newsletters, product brochures and feature articles for targeted audience.
Copywriter / Office Manager, 2005 – 2006
Imagery Creative Communications, Coral Gables, FL
- Managed administrative tasks for award-winning advertising office with roster of 30+ clients, with a focus on client correspondence, project management, and scheduling.
- Researched, created content, and edited over 50 marketing pieces for print, online, and broadcast media.
Editorial Assistant / Freelance Writer, 2003 – 2005
Welcome Books, New York, NY
- Extensively researched information on arts and cultural topics for use in roster of books from boutique publishing house.
- Created copy and assisted in graphics selection for The Home Almanac (Fall 2004), The Goodnight Book (Spring 2005) and New York Deco (Fall 2005).
- Copyedited several manuscripts and gift calendars.
Master of Science, Information Studies, August 2010
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
Bachelor of Arts, Major: English Literature, Minor: Creative Writing, May 2002
New York University, New York, NY
Software and databases: Horizon, Polaris, Aquabrowser, OCLC, Photoshop, WordPress, Windows and Mac systems.
CERTIFICATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
New Jersey State Professional Librarian Certification, Thomas Edison State College, 2013
New York Public Librarian Certification, NY State Education Department, 2013
American Library Association (ALA), 2008-Present
Dade County Library Association (DCLA), 2008-2013
Beta Phi Mu Honors Society, 2010-2012
Recipient, ALA Spectrum Scholarship, ALA, 2008
Recipient, NYU Honors Scholar Program, New York University, 2002